- Information Provided by Users of the Sites
- We Do Not Sell or Rent Personal Information
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Personal Information with Others
- Choices Over How Your Information is Used
- Protecting Children Under the Age of 13
- Data Retention
- California Resident Rights
- Additional Information – Questions – Contact Us
1) Information Provided by Users of the Sites
2) We Do Not Sell or Rent Personal Information
By “personal information” we mean information that can be used directly to identify you (including name, home address, email address, physical address, credit card information), as well as other information (like tastes and preferences) when coupled with your identifying information.
3) Types of Information We Collect
We collect information about you, or another person on behalf of whom you create an Account, in various ways, including without limitation, information you provide to us, information we collect through your use of the Sites, and information we receive from third parties (“Information”). Information may include, without limitation, personal information as well as metadata provided by your use of the Sites or other information that you provide to us. For more details, please see “Choices Over How Your Information is Used” below.
Information You Volunteer or Information We Collect From You Directly. We collect the personal information you and others knowingly and voluntarily provide on or through our Sites or otherwise provide to us in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Request additional information about our products or services or sign up to receive our e-mail newsletters, marketing messages or coupons;
- Interact with us on social media, such as by tagging us and/or our products or permitting us to follow your social media profile(s);
- Purchase any product or service from us;
- Provide design or product feedback or make other submissions to us;
- Request information or assistance from us, including correspondence with our customer service team;
- Participate in or respond to surveys or requests for opinions, feedback and preferences;
- Using other features of our Sites that may be offered from time to time, which may require information in order to utilize the features; and
- Sign up for and participate in events, contests, sweepstakes, promotions and special programs that we provide.
The types of personal information we collect directly from you may include: your name, username, password, e-mail address, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), demographic information, biographical information, personal preferences, goals, photographs, and any other personal data that you choose to include in your profile or in other communications with us.
Information We Derive. We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal information we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address, or that you are interested in purchasing a particular product based on your browsing behavior on our Sites.
Credit Card Information. If you establish a credit account with us or otherwise provide credit card information through any of the Sites, we may collect additional information, including, but not limited to, billing address, credit card number and credit card expiration date, and tracking information from checks or money orders. In the event your credit card information has been compromised, you should immediately notify us to allow us to cancel the lost or compromised credit card and to update our records with information regarding any replacement credit card. We use encryption data using the Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) system or other similar encryption methods to encrypt your credit card information as it travels over the Internet and via wireless methods to and/or from our Sites. All such credit card information you supply on or through the Sites is processed through secure payment gateways, such as Authorize.net. We do not store any such credit card information.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser. We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes your IP address, the identity of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. Generally, we do not link the information provided by your browser to information that identifies you by name.
Cookies and Similar Technologies. We use “cookies” and other web technologies to collect information and support certain features of the Sites. For example, we may use these technologies to: (i) collect information about the ways people use the Sites – which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page; (ii) support the features and functionality of the Sites – for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits; and (iii) personalize your experience when you use the Sites.
Generally, the information we collect using these web technologies does not identify you personally. If, however, you have created a user identity, for example by registering with any of our Sites, we may link the information we collect using these web technologies to other information that identifies you personally.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave the Sites. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit the Sites, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the Sites.
Location Information. We may collect information about your location when you access or use our any of our Sites.
Device Information. We may collect information about the computer or mobile device used to access our Sites, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, identification numbers assigned to your mobile device, such as the ID for Advertising (IDFA) on Apple devices, and the Advertising ID on Android devices, mobile network information, and website or app usage behavior
Website Visitor Data; Statistics. We may gather data on the activity on our Sites, such as how many people visit one or more of the Sites, the web pages they visit, where they come from, how long they stay, etc. The data is collected on an aggregate, anonymous basis, which means that no personally identifiable information is associated with the data. This data helps us improve our content and overall usage. The information is not shared with other organizations for their independent use. This information does not identify any individual personally. Rather, this information constitutes de-personalized and de-identified information in an aggregate form (“De-Identified Information”).
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
Personal Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may collect personal information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect personal information about you from:
- Bookings and Hosting Events. Providers of online booking tools when you sign up for and/or participate in events offered by us as well as third parties’ events, including those sponsored/hosted by and/or affiliated with us, when such third parties share event attendance or participation information with us;
- Other Customers. Our other customers, including when they bring you as a guest to one of our events or list you as an emergency contact;
- Social Media. Third-party social media and communication services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google and Instagram, that you use to interact with our Sites (e.g., to create an Account) or that allow you to share information (e.g., via plugins, widgets or other tools), but always in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such services; and
- Unaffiliated Parties. Such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks, and other third parties that provide us with information, so we can better understand you and provide you with information and offers that may be of interest to you.
4) How We Use Your InformationExcept as provided in this Policy, we generally do not collect personal information about visitors to and/or Users of our Sites. We may use the personal information:
- to develop, provide and improve our products, events and services;
- to complete the transactions you request, perform our contractual obligations, and as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship;
- to create and manage your online accounts, profiles and memberships with us;
- to send notifications related to your account, purchases, exchanges and returns;
- to respond to your requests and any other communications from you, including to provide customer service;
- to provide the information you request;
- to process, evaluate and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- to contact you regarding your use of the Sites;
- to verify your identity to ensure security for the other purposes listed here;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new services; managing our communications; learning about our visitors, analyzing our services and websites; and facilitating the functionality of our websites);
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- to provide the information you request;
- to contact you regarding your use of the Sites;
- to send you news and information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to add you to our newsletter or e-mailing/mailing list when you register an Account, make an online purchase, sign up to receive mail or e-mails, enter contests, promotions or sweepstakes, or access any subscription services that we offer through our Sites;
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of the Sites;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use the Sites;
- to conduct internal research and development;
- to carry out certain short-term activities and other reasonable internal purposes related to the products or services you purchase from us or your ongoing relationship with us;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes, including to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, and breach of contract, and to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us and our users, customers, employees or the public;
- to debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our Sites;
- to comply with our legal obligations, including our tax obligations and those related to the prevention of fraud and money laundering, and those required for you to benefit from rights recognized by law, or any regulatory requirements or provisions;
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice; and
- for any other purpose identified in a click-through agreement or other agreement between us and you.
5) How We Share Personal Information with Others
We may disclose personal information to any person performing audit, legal, operational, or other services for us. We will use information which does not identify the individual for these activities whenever reasonably possible. Information disclosed to vendors or contractors for operational purposes may not be re-disclosed to others by such a vendor or contractor, except as permitted by us and applicable law.
We may also disclose personal information as follows:
Compliance with Laws and Protection of Our Rights and the Rights of Others. We may disclose Information, including personal information when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, a court order, a search warrant or a subpoena, or for other situations we determine to be an emergency. We may also disclose Information, including personal information, to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect the security of our Sites; to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements; to protect our own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of our Users or others. Information, including personal information, may also be shared with third party service providers who work on our behalf or help us operate our business and Sites and our affiliates. We may also share Information, including personal information, to prevent illegal uses of the Sites or violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use or defend ourselves against third party claims.
Third-Party Service Providers. We may share personal information collected through our Sites with third-party service providers who act for or on behalf of us. These third-party service providers may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are required by contract to keep your personal information confidential and may use it only to provide services on our behalf.
With Our Professional Advisors. We share personal information with our legal, financial, insurance and other advisors in connection with the kinds of transactions described above or in connection with the management of all or part of APS’s business or operations.
Statistics. We share statistical information about the use of our Sites with our donors, sponsors and partners. This information does not identify any individual personally. Rather, this information constitutes de-personalized and de-identified information in an aggregate form.
With Your Consent or at Your Direction. We share personal information with third parties when we have your consent to do so. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of our Sites, you consent to the disclosure of this information to other users of our Sites. We may also share your personal information with third parties when you intentionally direct us to do so or when you use our Sites to intentionally interact with third parties.
6) Choices Over How Your Information is Used
Unsubscribing. To unsubscribe from our newsletter or mailing/e-mailing list(s), simply choose the Unsubscribe link on our Sites or on any electronic communication we disseminate and you will be instantly removed. Opting out of any of these emails will not stop operational or transactional messages such as password-reset or account related information from us and/or the brand or line of business in question. We may occasionally provide you with the opportunity to opt in to receive email messages from third parties. If you do opt in, we’ll share your e-mail address with the specific third party in question. Please review the privacy policies of such third parties to see how they treat your personal information.
Location Information. You may have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device or, for some devices, by revoking permission for our mobile apps to access your location information.
Cookies. Your browser may offer the ability to block or delete cookies from your device. Simply follow your browser’s instructions on how to block and clear cookies.
Other Marketers/Our Partner Companies. If you don’t want your basic contact and purchase information shared with other merchants and exchanges, or our partner companies, for their direct marketing purposes, please contact us – see “Additional Information – Questions – Contact Us” (Section 12) below.
Do Not Track Disclosure. We respect Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. We respect the privacy of our Users as well as visitors to our Sites and their choice to enable “Do Not Track”; however, the standards for implementation vary from browser to browser and the internet industry groups have not settled on what exactly “Do Not Track” means for site owners and users. Furthermore, there is currently no method of electing “Do Not Track” on mobile applications. Currently, most internet companies do not modify their behavior upon receipt of “Do Not Track” requests. To this end, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals.
Correction. You may review and modify your Account and profile information by logging into your online Account at any time. You can also contact us and request that we update your Account or profile information — see “Additional Information – Questions – Contact Us” (Section 12) below.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. These policies and procedures may include, when feasible, encryption of data using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) system, or other similar encryption methods, and using a secured messaging service when your personal information is sent electronically through the Sites.
Despite these policies and procedures, please be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you. As such, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via the Sites, by Internet, text message or email cannot be guaranteed.
9) Protecting Children Under the Age of Thirteen
We do not knowingly collect information provided by children under the age of 13. If you are a minor (under the age of 18), you can use the Sites only with the consent and under the supervision of your parents or legal guardians. If you are a minor, please do not submit any personal information to, on or through any of the Sites, or any part thereof. IF YOU ARE 13 YEARS OR YOUNGER, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITES, OR ANY PART THEREOF, FOR ANY PURPOSE. APS does not permit children under the age of 18 to create or maintain an Account or register as a User.
10) Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you services on or through our Sites. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In compliance with our standard data retention policies, we may delete data of inactive Accounts without prior notification.
11) California Resident Rights
12) Additional Information – Questions – Contact Us
Revision Date: October 7, 2020
Contact Us Today
Professional parking services will make a significant difference for your organization. Please contact us about improving the quality of your parking services and getting the best financial results possible.
Advanced Parking Systems
544 Mateo Street, Third Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013